Yoruba Nation: Ilana Omo Oodua Passes Vote of Confidence on Professor Banji Akintoye-led Leadership, mocks Nigerian Government, Says “Light has Triumphed Over Darkness In Yoruba Land.
The apex leadership of the umbrella body of Yoruba Self-Determination Groups, Ilana Omo Oodua Worldwide, has passed an impeccable Vote of Confidence on its Leader, Professor Banji Akintoye.
Ilana Omo Oodua is currently leading a peaceful agitation for the actualisation of Yoruba Nation away from Nigeria.
In a statement signed by its expanded executive members within and beyond the Shores of Yoruba Land, Ilana Omo Oodua said the group was formed in August 2020 mainly by Professor Banji Akintoye and some of his ideological children to promote the peaceful agitation for the actualisation of Yoruba Nation, stating that “those who are currently rocking the boat came to join the movement after its take off and were accepted in order to have a large support base for the Yoruba Self-Determination struggle”.
Mocking the Nigerian Government on the failed attempt to kill the agitation for Yoruba Nation, Ilana Omo Oodua said “the ill-fated attempt to dismantle the Akintoye led leadership yesterday Thursday 18th November, 2021 by the agents of the Nigerian Government” is the beginning of another era for the Yoruba redemption agenda.
“We, the apex leadership of Ilana Omo Oodua (IOO), wish to inform the Yoruba people within and beyond the horizon of Yoruba Land that our leader, Professor Banji Akintoye, is leading us well, thus, we pass a Vote of Confidence his leadership.
“We also want to use this opportunity to inform the Nigerian Government that her agents within our rank have failed on the errands they were sent. The Yoruba people have resolved to stand by their leader and the struggle. It is no retreat, no surrender.
“To God be the glory, we are pleased to say that light has triumphed over darkness in our struggle. The beginning of a new era has started. We are now reinventing, retooling and re-invigorating our movement for the emancipation of the Yoruba people.
“Once again, we the expanded executive members of Ilana Omo Oodua all over the world declare our unflinching support for our leader and father, Professor Banji Akintoye. We want to assure the Yoruba people that we are solidly behind Akintoye at all time.”
“For the sake of history and posterity, we unanimously reject and condemn the actions of our elsewhere Deputy Chairman, Otunba Folasade Olukoya and three others who staged a failed coup within our struggle yesterday on behalf of the Nigerian Government. Otunba Folasade Olukoya merely entertained her Pay Masters. Therefore, her opinion does NOT represent the opinion of members of ILANA OMO OODUA WORLDWIDE.
“Lastly, we recognize the importance of Oloye Sunday Adeyemo Igboho and his roles in the Yoruba SELF-DETERMINATION MOVEMENT, and we restate our solidarity with him.
- Professor Wale Adeniran – Chairman, Ilana Omo Oodua Worldwide
- Prof. Ade Kukoyi – Leader, Ilana Think-Thank Group
- Alhaji Ali Oyedeji – Chairman, Elders Advisory Council, Ilana Omo Oodua Worldwide
- Dr. Kayode Akinwande – Deputy General Secretary, Ilana Omo Oodua Worldwide
- Engr. Muda Ogunsola – Diaspora Secretary, Ilana Omo Oodua Worldwide
- Dr. Gbenga Adeyeye – Diaspora Coordinator, Ilana Omo Oodua Worldwide
- Mr. Maxwell Adeleye – Communications Secretary, Ilana Omo Oodua Worldwide
- Dr. Adejuwon Akinsola – Director of Empowerment Initiatives, Ilana Omo Oodua Worldwide
- Pastor Ayodele Praise – Ekiti State Coordinator
- Prince Ade Adefisoye – Lagos State Coordinator
- Mr. Adekanola Desmond – Osun State Coordinator
- Omo Oba Kazeem Onikeke – Oyo State Coordinator
- Comrade Bankole Adeniyi – Ondo State Coordinator
- Princess Tanimowo Okusaga – Ilana Women Wing
- Mr. Isaiah Teju – Ex-officio Canada
- Ms Egbinlade Adebola – Chairman, Canada Chapter
- Mr. Uthman Ikosiola Salam – Ilana USA
- Omo Oba Adejoke – Ilana Western USA
- Mr. Seun Aribilola – Chairman, Ilana Omo Oodua, United States