BIBLE READING: MATTHEW 7: 7-11 (NIV)
- “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
- For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
- “Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?
- Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake?
- If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! MESSAGE:
God loves us so much that He gave His only begotten Son to save us from our sins. “Therefore, He that spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, How shall He not with Him freely give us all things.” (Rom. 8:32). God’s love for us is unfathomable. If evil men can give good things to their children, how much more shall our Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask Him?
The point is giving good things. Therefore, if what you are asking is not of God, He will not give it.
The promises of God are yea and Amen. He has promised He will never fail. Delay is not denial. The reason we do not get what we ask may not be far-fetched. Some things we ask for must be sought after. Seeking is stronger than mere asking. You seek for things that are not easily attainable, that are lost or can’t be found. Knocking is a greater level of receiving from God. If the door is not open to you, it shows dispproval and you may not receive what you are asking for. When doors are shut on people, access will be difficult. It is true that before we ask, God already knows our needs; He still wants us to ask, to show commitment, so that it wil not be like the proverbial ‘casting of pearls to swine.’ Ask, seek and knock today!
Oh Lord, grant us open heavens in Jesus Name. Amen.
Daily Fountain Quote of the Day
“Through You we will push down our enemies; through Your name we will trample those who rise up against us. For I will not trust in my bow, nor shall my sword save me. But You have saved us from our enemies, and have put to shame those who hated us. In God we boast all day long, and praise Your name forever.” (Psalm 44:5)
Goodcday and Remain Lifted