Entertainment

Adewale Adeleke, Davido’s elder brother and his beautiful wife welcome first child in United state of America.

Adewale Adeleke the elder brother of the Nigerians popular singer David ‘Davido’ Adeleke, has welcomed his first child with wife in the United States.


The cute couple shared the good news with their followers on Instagram. They both posted photo and video from Kani’s maternity shoot on their individual pages.

“Always a reason to be thankful #happythanksgiving”, Kani wrote.

Congratulations on the arrival of your new born child.

Entertainment

I marry my husband Goodluck Jonathan, again and again, if life permits- Patience Jonathan.

Former first lady, Patience Jonathan, says she will marry her husband Goodluck Jonathan, again and again, if life permits.

Patience said this while celebrating her husband at a family get together last Friday, November 20, when the former President turned a year older.

Speaking at the get-together. she said

”MY HUSBAND, MY HERO, MY KING, THE FATHER OF MY CHILDREN, I THANK ALMIGHTY GOD FOR CHOOSING YOU TO BE MY LIFE PARTNER.

NOT ONLY ARE YOU THE MOST LOVING HUSBAND A WOMAN COULD EVER WISH FOR, BUT YOU ARE ALSO MY BEST FRIEND. ON THIS SPECIAL BIRTHDAY, I WANT TO TELL YOU HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE YOU IN MY LIFE. IT HAS BEEN A BLESSING MAKING THIS LIFE JOURNEY WITH YOU.

IF I HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN MY LOVE, I WOULD CHOOSE YOU TO BE MY HUSBAND OVER AND OVER. YOU ARE THE BEST. TO ME, YOU MEAN THE WHOLE WORLD AND I LOVE YOU MORE THAN WORDS COULD EVER EXPRESS. MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS. HAPPY BIRTHDAY.”

Entertainment

American hostage Philip Walton rescued in dramatic military operation: Officials

American hostage Philip Walton rescued in dramatic military operation: Officials

Walton was abducted recently in Niger, where he had been living.

An American citizen abducted last week in Niger has been rescued during a high-risk U.S. military raid in neighboring Nigeria, officials told ABC News early Saturday.

The mission was undertaken by elite commandos as part of a major effort to free the U.S. citizen, Philip Walton, 27, before his abductors could get far after taking him captive in Niger on Oct. 26, counterterrorism officials told ABC News.

The operation involved the governments of the U.S., Niger and Nigeria working together to rescue Walton quickly, sources said. The CIA provided intelligence leading to Walton’s whereabouts and Marine Special Operations elements in Africa helped locate him, a former U.S. official said.

Then the elite SEAL Team Six carried out a “precision” hostage rescue mission and killed all but one of the seven captors, according to officials with direct knowledge about the operation.

“They were all dead before they knew what happened,” another counterterrorism source with knowledge told ABC News.

President Donald Trump called the rescue mission a “big win for our very elite U.S. Special Forces” in a tweet and the Pentagon lauded the rescue mission in a statement.

“U.S. forces conducted a hostage rescue operation during the early hours of 31 October in Northern Nigeria to recover an American citizen held hostage by a group of armed men,” said Pentagon chief spokesperson Jonathan Hoffman. “This American citizen is safe and is now in the care of the U.S. Department of State. No U.S military personnel were injured during the operation.

May the Lord bless you President Donald Trump

“We appreciate the support of our international partners in conducting this operation.”

And Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said: “Thanks to the extraordinary courage and capabilities of our military, the support of our intelligence professionals, and our diplomatic efforts, the hostage will be reunited with his family. We will never abandon any American taken hostage.”

ABC News consultant Mick Mulroy, a former deputy assistant secretary of defense and retired CIA officer, said preparations for Walton’s rescue likely started when he was abducted.

“These types of operations are some of the most difficult to execute,” he said. “Any mistake could easily lead to the death of the hostage. The men and women of JSOC [Joint Special Operations Command], and the CIA should be proud of what they did here. And all Americans should be proud of them. “

Eric Oehlerich, an ABC News consultant and retired Navy SEAL, said Walton was “lucky” that such a mission was possible such as short time after he was abducted, when others have been held for years.

“Men in these top-tier special forces units train their entire adult lives to be ready when called upon, hostage rescue operations are inherently dangerous,” he said. “Those men put someone else’s life above their own, they do so selflessly….it’s an illustration of utter commitment.”

A former U.S. counterterrorism official emphasized generally how long the odds are for rescue in the “highly dangerous” missions — less than 30%. But the official said that it’s crucial to act as quickly as possible so that hostages don’t wind up in the hands of al Qaeda or ISIS.

“The longer a hostage is held the harder it is to find an exact location to be able and conduct a rescue operation,” the official said.

U.S. and Nigerien officials had said that Walton was kidnapped from his backyard last Monday after assailants asked him for money. But he only offered $40 USD and was then taken away by force, according to sources in Niger.

Walton lives with his wife and young daughter on a farm near Massalata, a small village close to the border with Nigeria.

Nigerien and American officials told ABC News that they believed the captors were from an armed group from Nigeria and that it was not considered terror-related. But hostages are often sold to terrorist groups.

Concern grew quickly after the kidnapping that an opportunity to rescue Walton could become much more dangerous if he was taken by or sold to a group of Islamist militants aligned with either al Qaeda or ISIS and American special operations commanders felt they needed to act swiftly before that could occur, said one counterterrorism official briefed on the hostage recovery operations.

A U.S. State Department spokesperson confirmed after the kidnapping that an American citizen had been abducted in Niger and said the U.S. government was “providing their family all possible consular assistance.” The spokesperson declined to comment on the case, citing “privacy considerations,” but added, “When a U.S. citizen is missing, we work closely with local authorities as they carry out their search efforts, and we share information with families however we can.”

Another American, Christian humanitarian aid worker Jeffery Rey Woodke, 60, has been held hostage for the past four years since being kidnapped in northern Niger by armed militants.

Niger, home to 22 million people and three times the size of California, is one of many Sahel nations plagued by terrorism and instability, but its military has been a close U.S. partner in the fight against regional jihadist groups, including affiliates of both al Qaeda and ISIS.

Last week, a U.N.-backed donor summit raised $1.7 billion to support the region’s governments as Secretary-General Antonio Guterres warned the humanitarian crisis is at a “breaking point,” with 13.4 million people in need of assistance.

Entertainment

“Return ‘Oba Of Lagos’ Staff Of Office Or Face The Consequences” – Akinshemoyin Ruling House Warns

Thugs who made away with the Oba of Lagos’ Staff of Office on Wednesday, October 21 have been warned by the Akinshemoyin Ruling house of Lagos Island to return it or face the consequences thereafter.

In a recently released statement jointly signed by Prince Salami-Abisako and Prince Adeyemi Sarumi, the Akinshemoyin Ruling house of Lagos vehemently condemned the disruption of the peaceful #EndSARS protest by hoodlums.

Staff of Oba Akinolu place on sale online for ten million naira

According to them, the actions by the thugs in causing unrest such as the carting away of Oba is an abomination and sacrilegious.

Their statement read,

“Though we are in total support of the peaceful protest of the Nigerian youths tagged: #EndSARS #EndPoliceBrutality, we, Lagosians condemn with all sense of responsibility the gruesome murder of Nigerians, the hijack of the peaceful protest by hoodlums, destruction of public infrastructural facilities and property across the nation.

We also condemn the looting of our trad itional and ancestral heritage as it relates to the Oba of Lagos Palace; especially the carting away of the staff of office. We will not allow miscreants to destroy our Lagos ‘Onilu Onije Otu’.

“The acts of these elements are sacrilegious, taboo and abomination to the Yoruba race. These nefarious misfits’ conducts could lead to mayhem in the land if not timely checked and tranquility restored.

“We hereby call on the paramount Apena of Oshugbo, Opa, Akala and other traditional heads and custodians to immediately secure the Oba’s palace from further attack(s) in order to save the face of our traditional stool.

“The royal house, however, called for the return of the stolen staff of authority to be deposited at the Apena of Lagos within 24 hours or the deviants will face the consequences of their action. A word is enough for the wise.”

Entertainment

Read last message from a fallen unharmed peaceful Nigerian protester

Tell my mother I was unarmed.

Tell my father I had the flag in my hands when I was shot.

Tell the unborn Generation that I died singing the national anthem.

Tell the cowards who shot me that my spirit lives on in the life of every good Nigerian youth.

Tell the goverment that they shot my body but not my spirit.

Tell the world I died for freedom like many good people before me.

I regret nothing, for I have done what my father’s, mother’s, uncle’s and aunt’s couldn’t do out of fear. Let God judge me, I am only sorry for the pain of leaving you this early.

My prints will forever remain in the sands of history for I have done my time based on the path I chose freely and willingly.

Now that my torment in Nigeria is over, please lay me to rest on mother earth where you all will join me in due time, take my voice and hand it over to the next good youth whom I hope by Gods Almighty grace will benefit a better Nation.

For I know that freedom is coming, yes freedom will come tomorrow.

Good bye…

Entertainment

He who fights and takes a break, lives to fight another day- Charles Oputa(AKA Charlly boy).

My Gallant Youths,

I am not surprised that the same people who should be protecting us are the ones sending their fellow riffraffs to kill us.

Sometimes in life, we need to pause, re-strategize and relaunch. We don do testing the mic, let’s take a break put heads together and come back in full force. He who fights and takes a break, lives to fight another day.

I already know that we have a big fight in our hands, bcos we are fighting against demons who have no respect for our lives and our future.

Beloved, success is not Final,
Failure is not Fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

Una well done.
Fada.

Entertainment

Some celebrities have collected 50 million Naira each to stop #EndSars protest”- Nollywood Actor If He Naduagwu

The popular controversial Nollywood actor Uche Maduagwu has recently revealed that some celebrities have collected N50,000,000 each to stop the #EndSARS protest. He revealed this few minutes ago via his official Instagram page.

The actor said this in a video which he posted on his Instagram page. He also attached a note to the video. The note read, “Some celebrities have collected 50 million Naira each to stop #EndSars protest”.

See a screenshot below.


Nollywood and the music industry is a mess, vibrant youths are protesting under the sun and rain to #EndSars and #EndSWAT but some celebrities are holding private meetings with politicians and capitalist to stop #SARSMUSTEND protest in Lagos, Abuja and other major cities in Naija.God will expose you all, is endsarsnow for sale?”.

Those were the words of the actor. I really don’t know what to say on this, however, feel free share your views on this by commenting below.

Entertainment

Nollywood actor Kola Oyewo wife Benedita is dead.

The Nigerian actor, Kola Oyewo lost his wife to death on the 11th of October 2020

The cause of the Nollywood wife death is yet unknown as of the time of filling this report.

Kola Oyewo is one Nollywood actor who has made his mark in the Yoruba film industry. He had earlier spoken on how he did not form his own theatre company because he didn’t want to have to marry more than one wife.

May the soul of Benedita continue to rest in peace, Amen.